Insulation for homes used to come in one form: the pink or yellow puffy stuff, otherwise known as fiberglass insulation. While this type of insulation is still one of the most commonly used, there are other, newer types of insulation available that can maximize your home’s energy efficiency along with the fiberglass kind. Spray foam is one of the newer types of insulation, and it is quickly gaining in popularity. Spray foam is very different from fiberglass or blown-in insulation, and as such, it behaves and works very differently as well. Because of this, it’s important to hire a trained expert for spray foam installation services in Atlanta, like the professionals at Air Conditioning Experts, Inc.
What Is Spray Foam?
Spray foam is an adhesive that forms an instant, air-tight, permanent seal to whatever it comes into contact with. Made from polyurethane, spray foam will expand up to 100 times as soon as it hits the air, which is one of the reasons why it’s important to use a professional. There are 3 types of spray foam:
- Low density – used to fill interior cavities and in attic spaces
- Medium density – spray foam here is used for continuous coverage indoors and the same areas as low density
- High density – used for exteriors and roofs
Your insulation expert will know which type to use and how to apply it correctly.
Benefits of Spray Foam
- Increased energy efficiency – the ability of spray foam to create an air-tight, permanent seal and also insulate hard-to-reach places makes this type of insulation a tremendous tool in helping to increase your home’s overall energy efficiency.
- Increased comfort – spray foam can help rid your home of drafts, making it feel more comfortable.
- Creates a solid moisture barrier – moisture can do a great deal of damage to your home; the air-tight seal created by spray foam blocks moisture from coming inside.
- Doesn’t settle or shrink – once spray foam adheres to your building, it stays put and doesn’t alter as loose-fill and batt insulation can.
Have questions about how spray foam can help your home?
Call the insulation specialists at Air Conditioning Experts, Inc., today and schedule an appointment for spray foam installation services for your Atlanta home!